A magazine editor once interviewed a successful author and asked, “What makes for a good story, one that will draw a large audience?”
The author’s answer, simple and pointed, was, “Trouble. Trouble. Trouble.”
I’ve never been one to spend a lot of time perusing the daily news. So much of it is full of “trouble, trouble, trouble.” It’s what sells. It’s what keeps us clicking on links or tuning in. While a lot of the morning news doesn’t really apply to me, it can still pull me down. I’m back to curating my input, filtering it through this faith-filled reminder:
I never face trouble alone, and I have plenty of reasons to go through my day with good cheer.
It helps to keep a song in my heart. Here are a few of my favorites. Take a look today, or turn on your own faith filled tunes. Don’t let the morning news trouble you without filtering it through faith.
- “Happiness Is the Lord”
- “I’m So Happy and Here’s the Reason Why”
- “Trust and Obey” (for there’s no other way to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.”
- “Oh Happy Day”
And just to convince you further of the importance of song:
- From Ephesians: “Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord .”
- From Colossians: “Teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.”
- From Isaiah: “Sing to the Lord, for he has done glorious things; let this be known to all the world.”