This week, I’d like to share a few favorites with you.
“Guardrails of the Heart” Ky Faciane, Bannockburn Baptist Church 2/18/18. Listen here. (If you’re short on time, start at minute 15.)
Wonder. Read about it here.
The Kid. (The Bruce Willis one, no offense to Christ Pratt, who stars in a movie with the same title.)
Skirting Tradition by Kay Moser (Fun fiction available here.)
All things written by Hannah Whitall Smith. Here are a few of her wonderful words:
- The presence of God is the fortress of his people.
- What is within us makes or unmakes our joy.
- Pay no attention to your feelings as a test of your relationship with God, but simply attend to the state of your will and of your faith
- Never, under any circumstances, give way for one single moment to doubt or discouragement.
New Habit: At least 20 minutes of sunshine every day possible.
Old Recipe: Don’t Knock It ‘Til You’ve Tried It Breakfast Smoothie (For the first time in my life, I don’t get hungry until lunch.)
Into a blender add:
- 1 ½ cups almond or soy milk
- 3-4 cups of loosely packed baby spinach
- 1 banana (unfrozen)
- 2 T baking cocoa
- 1-2 T ground flaxseed or chia
- 2 pitted dates or 1 T honey
- 1 T vanilla
- 1 ½ –2 cups frozen blueberries
Blend thoroughly. Serves 2.
Tip: Blend together everything except the berries in the evening and refrigerate. Add the berries the next morning and blend again.
Okay, your turn! What are some of your favorites?