Last Wednesday, Mom wrote about faith. Have you been paying attention to God’s word? Letting the words sink in? Have you given Hebrews 11 a look? Here’s a bit more incentive (from Mom) to nurture faith:
Picture for a moment an everyday coffee filter. Everything in our lives can be filtered through faith.
· We pour out our needs through faith in God. Out comes God’s provision – exactly what we need, even if we don’t realize it.
· We pour our doubts through our faith. Out comes confidence in God – that blessed assurance!
· We pour our fears and worries through faith in God. Out comes peace – peace that the world cannot understand.
· We pour our guilt and shame through faith, and out comes our righteousness through God’s forgiveness.
· We pour our weakness through faith in God, and out comes His strength – that strength that assures us, “I can do all things through Christ.”
We can face anything, any situation. How? With faith in God. Why? Because God loves us and wants what is best for us. He knows what is best for us and has the power to bring it about. With him all things are possible. And that’s why we can filter everything in our lives through our faith in God.