A friend’s life has been changed in a simple but powerful way. Recently, his dad started a daily habit of texting him a short encouraging message, just a few words to remind him of the reality of God’s hand on his life.
What if we all did that? For a child. For a friend. For a parent. For a pastor. For anyone who could use an encouraging message. (In other words, for anyone, since we could all use extra encouragement.)
Here are a few examples. Most of them come directly from scripture. To those of you who shared your suggestions with me, thank you. To all of us, I issue this challenge: Be a source of encouragement to someone today!
- God is greater than any problem you are facing today.
- God has a good plan for your life.
- I love you.
- God loves you.
- I believe in you.
- God is good.
- God is able to handle anything.
- Choose joy. This day holds reasons to rejoice.
- You are awesome.
- Never lose hope that God will pull you through.
- You are a great source of joy to me.
- I am so glad that you are my ____.
- Only ever compare yourself to two people: your old self to see how far you’ve come, and Jesus, to see how far you have to go.
- God is bigger than your mistakes.
- Pray about the impossible, because nothing is impossible with God.
- You’re awesome.
What else? What else? We have better ideas as a group. Please add your encouraging words to the comments section so that we can all pass them along.
“Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing” (1 Thessalonians 5:11).